From the desert to the mountains, from remote far-flung places to some of the most populated cities in the world, For the Joy brings together 21 unique perspectives on what it’s really like being a mother on the mission field. Stories include:
- home-schooling while living in a bus
- giving birth in a foreign hospital
- navigating the toddler years as a ‘third culture mum’
- raising a child with special needs recovering from anxiety on the field
- the grief of losing your family to persecution
… and more.
Honestly written, raw in emotion, sad and joyful in equal measure, this collection of stories offers insight into the complexities of parenting children while serving God far from home.